John MacArthur, pastor of Grace Community Church in Sun Valley, California since 1969, has meant a lot to me in my Christian life. He was one of the first preachers I heard on the radio after God saved me. The College Career group I was part of recommended him and I’m glad they did. I learned an incredible amount listening to him on the radio with a notebook, a pen, and my Bible. For someone who was unfamiliar with the Bible, I quickly figured out where things were listening to him. After that, I started buying and reading his books, too.
Here are five good books written by Pastor MacArthur.
- A Tale of Two Sons. An examination of Luke 15:11-32, commonly called “The Parable of the Prodigal Son.”
- Safe in the Arms of God. Answers the question, “Do children who die go to heaven?”
- The Freedom and Power of Forgiveness. A study of one of the most important and difficult subjects – forgiveness.
- Ashamed of the Gospel. When the church becomes like the world, it has major problems and has ceased to be faithful to God.
- Our Sufficiency in Christ. Jesus really is all we need.
Of course there are numerous other good books that John MacArthur has written, but these are a good place to start. Tolle lege!